At Boss Fight, Product Managers are part of the Product Management organization. They are integral to our game design, development, and execution, as they are ensuring a game or an aspect of a game can achieve its business targets.
The ideal candidate is passionate about free-to-play games and utilizing data to understand, optimize, and grow our players. They are self-starters and have a strong sense of ownership. They have the people skills to work across disciplines, including working with Producers, Designers, and Engineers.
All Product Managers report to the Director of Product, who oversees all of Product Management.
As a Product Manager, your responsibilities include:
- Owning the business goals for a portion of one of our games (e.g., meta, economy, monetization strategy)
- Work with senior product managers and project leads to understand and/or define KPI targets
- Work with designers and engineers to ensure features can achieve KPI targets
- Ensure a balanced economy for events and new features
- Execute the feature roadmap (including breaking down features further and setting sub-goals)
- Ensure external stakeholder needs are met
- Create, update, and ensure proper execution of product features (e.g. design specifications)
- Manage and maintain team alignment
- Be knowledgeable about the target audience and current market
- Define and execute AB and multivariate tests
- Monitor health of the game (e.g., key KPIs, player sentiment)
Coming in, we expect our Product Managers to have:
- Knowledge of the mobile and free-to-play game industry
- Strong business acumen, including deep understanding of the free to play business model
- Live free-to-play game experience on mobile
- Understanding of game production
- Understanding of game design
- Experience in experimental design and execution
- Understanding of game team structures and dynamics
- Understanding of data analysis and related tools (SQL, Excel, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Ability to define feature requirements
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
It's extra great if you have:
- 5+ years of game development experience
- Strong leadership experience and an understanding of leadership principles
- Experience working with big data
- Experience with modeling (e.g., regression, prediction/forecast)
- A degree in business, math, or science field
The salary range for this position is based on our industry, the role, and region of our headquarters located in Allen, Texas. Other factors considered when determining salary include, your local market, industry or years of experience, and education.
We are proud to offer a robust benefit package with all full-time positions. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, healthcare and dependent flexible spending accounts, employer paid life and AD&D insurance with buy up options, employer paid short and long-term disability coverage, and Roth, and Traditional 401K plans. Additionally, we offer unlimited PTO, and various free wellness tools, including a healthcare coordination service.
Boss Fight is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other (protected) characteristics.