Senior Server Engineer - Allen
Boss Fight Entertainment is a cutting-edge game development studio, with offices in Dallas and Austin. We are seeking a Senior Server Engineer to join our ranks of veteran game developers as we take on an exciting new challenge to bring AAA console experiences to mobile, as well as developing new IPs.
*Relocation assistance available
The Senior Server Engineer will be involved in organizing and collaborating with members of the Boss Fight team from every part of the studio, as well as partners outside the company to deliver exceptionally high-quality mobile games primarily based on iOS and Android platforms. The Senior Server Engineer is expected to have a significant amount of production experience and first-rate organization, communication and motivation skills.
- Lead and work with a team of Engineers to handle the server needs for all games and prototypes at the company
- Architect and extend a reusable set of game-agnostic backend systems to support features common across mobile games
- Architect and extend robust, scalable web APIs to support game clients
- Contribute to game design by providing estimates on the scalability and cost of desired features
- Research and explore new technologies to speed up response time and reduce server costs
- Architect and extend systems that collect and present real-time metrics
- Write web based, game-specific administrative and customer service tools
- Work with client engineers to define the format of data that is passed between client and server
Required Skills and abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and can help organize others.
- Inspired and enjoys inspiring others.
- Ability to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, electronic engineering or related field
- Experience authoring, publishing, and maintaining web APIs
- Experience applying stateless server design principles
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure development is ideal